Sunday, March 17, 2013

Tara Novick

Tara Novick was hanging at a bar in the Chicago airport a few months ago waiting to fly out to another gig. He's a true indie artist, completely unlabeled, and is currently touring with the John Corbett Band. He gave me a copy of his new album Six Pack & Smokes.  I can say I'm a fan of the album, even though I don't love every song. Although can you think of many albums where you love every track? I'm a fan of his faster hard rock, not so much for his slower quiet stuff, but that's just my own musical preference.  Overall the album has a rock n' roll feels some hints of other genres. It reminds me a bit of The Black Keys (who had an AMAZING concert at the Verizon Center last February - see them if you can!) mixed with Bruce Springsteen. You won't find this guy on Pandora or Spotify (yet!), but he's on iTunes. He also has a great website which plays the entire album and has info about his current tour, so you should all go check it out! You can find the link to the right of this page under the "The Great & Unsigned" section. My favorite track has to be "Six Pack & Smokes" but there are great guitar riffs and lyrics throughout most of the album.  He was also at the South by Southwest Music Festival last week. Seriously go check him out!

No comments:

Post a Comment